Understanding Chainsaw Safety Features. Ask This Old House landscape contractor Roger Cook explains safety features built into all chain saws.
Click here to SUBSCRIBE to the official This Old House YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=thisoldhouse
Skill Level: Expert
1. Chains aws are some of the most dangerous tools to use. If you feel uncomfortable or uncertain handling one, hire a professional.
2. Always wear appropriate safety gear when operating a chain saw. A hard hat, ear protection, safety glasses, face mask, gloves, safety chaps, and sturdy shoes are a must.
3. The chain brake is right in front of the handle and prevents injury caused by kickback.
4. The chain catcher is at the bottom of the saw and is designed to grab the chain if it were to come loose from the bar.
5. The trigger lock prevents the chain saw from accidentally turning on. The saw will only operate if both the trigger and the lock are activated at the same time.
Chain saws can be purchased or rented at most home centers and landscape supply stores. All chain saws have the same safety features included with them, regardless of the type of chain saw it is.
Ask This Old House TV
Homeowners have a virtual truckload of questions for us on smaller projects, and we're ready to answer. Ask This Old House solves the steady stream of home improvement problems faced by our viewers—and we make house calls! Ask This Old House features some familiar faces from This Old House, including Kevin O'Connor, general contractor Tom Silva, plumbing and heating expert Richard Trethewey, and landscape contractor Roger Cook.
This Old House releases new segments every Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Keywords: This Old House, How-to, home improvement, DIY, roger cook, kevin o'connor, chainsaw, safety, ask this old house
Watch the full episode: https://www.thisoldhouse.com/watch/shower-valve-chainsaw-bucket-stool-ask-toh
Follow This Old House and Ask This Old House:
Tags: Understanding Chainsaw Safety Features, this old house, how-to, home improvement, Episode, TV Show, DIY, ask this old house, chainsaw, safety, 1-3 minutes, roger cook, kevin o'connor